Oldie but goldie? In beauty we are often only concentrating on the newest buzz-worthy ingredients but sometimes we should focus on golden standard ingredients that have proven effects on our skin like Vitamin E.
WHAT IS VITAMIN E?
Alpha-tocypherol (the form of Vitamin E humans can metabolize) is typically produced synthetically.
“Vitamin E has long been incorporated into skincare products. It has hydrating, antioxidant, and protective benefits.” Dr. Timm Golueke
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE SKIN?
- great antioxidant: it helps neutralize harmful free radicals
- heals the skin: it has the capability to accelerate healing of skin damage such as burns and wounds
- protects lipid barrier: Vitamin E keeps lipids fresh in your skin and that can help seal up little damages in the skin's barrier
- keeps skin moist: allows for long-lasting moisture retention between your skin cells
- soothes skin: soothes the skin after irritation from pollution and sun damage
- protects from the sun: The vitamin has photo-protective purposes as well and is best combined with a sunscreen
SHOP THE EDIT